[Dovecot] Issue with Mavericks Mail Client

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sun Nov 17 01:47:56 EET 2013

We run a dovecot mailserver. One of the clients I use is a Mac Laptop.
Recently I upgraded from Mountain Lion (10.8) to Mavericks (10.9). Under
10.8 it worked fine. On 10.9 it syncs up when I invoke the client, but
after a while stops getting updates.

Most of my mail clients are on Linux (thunderbird) or Android (K9) and I
admit that several run against my very large INBOX simultaneously. The
one of the 10.9 Mac laptop is the only one with this issue.

Is there something known about the new 10.9 Mail client on the Mac that
would lose sync against dovecot?