[Dovecot] Shared Folters with LDA/Sieve

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Sun Nov 17 16:33:39 EET 2013

Am 17.11.2013 05:31, schrieb Dieter Knopf:
> Hello,
>
> i'm searching for a way to use Shared mailboxes with Sieve Filtering.
>
> I need global email addresses like:
> info at foo.tld
> contact at foo.tld
> help at foo.tld
>
> Every address with own Sieve-rules for filtering and sorting of incoming
> mails.
>
> Now every user needs access to this folders, but how? How should i create
> the "global" addresses?
>
> I already found http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public , but
> that's just a public namespace.
>
> Is there any FAQ available for this?
>
> Thank you very much
> Dieter

On my setup with an Active Directory LDAP backend i used Domain Groups
for such email Adresses and configured the acl's in an way that members
of the groups have full access to the group's imap folders via the
shared (not the public) namespace. Since each group has normal imap
account sieve rules can be applied as well.
Guess you can use simple useraccounts for the mail accounts and share
them for all authenticated users. Should be simpler.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared

achim~