[Dovecot] status=undeliverable (lost connection with mail.larptreff.de[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending MAIL FROM)

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Tue Nov 19 10:13:46 EET 2013

Thomas Leuxner skrev den 2013-11-19 08:35:
> Is there more detail needed to finally solve this? The temporary fails
> caused by LMTP not reaching the 'RCPT TO' stage get pretty annoying in
> the light of backscatter hitting the server:
>
> Nov 19 08:16:09 spectre postfix/smtpd[21386]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
> from emea01-am1-ndr.ptr.protection.outlook.com[157.56.116.99]: 450
> 4.1.1 <DC21DEC5-D7F9-41FE-B16C-1ECC8536C40F at leuxner.net>: Recipient
> address rejected: unverified address: lost connection with
> spectre.leuxner.net[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending MAIL FROM;
> from=<cocacola0004 at mentesbrim.onmicrosoft.com>
> to=<DC21DEC5-D7F9-41FE-B16C-1ECC8536C40F at leuxner.net> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<emea01-am1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>
>
> To reproduce simply add 'reject_unverified_recipient' to
> 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions'...

is dovecot knowing all alias addresses ?, with dovecot-lda its done in
postfix before delivering to dovecot-lda, so if the recipient here is a
valid mailbox it should work, but i think dovecot needs alias support to
be used same way as postfix does

when it works it would be a dream, seems we are not there yet