[Dovecot] Question about dovecot 2.2 and LIST command

Jonathan Siegle jsiegle at psu.edu
Tue Nov 19 22:25:37 EET 2013

On 2013-11-19 at 21:47, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 19.11.2013, at 0.50, Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle at psu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I am running dovecot 2.2 changeset 16983:d925674c4329 on AIX. We use mbox files with the "/" delimter. I have an imap protocol question. When I do:
>>
>> 1 list directory1/ *
>> 1 OK List completed.
>>
>> Is that the correct answer?
>>
>> If I do
>> 1 list "" *
>>
>> it shows
>> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "directory1"
>>
>> I forget why I think that even with the delimiter, I should see some information about it. Is this a silly test that no imap client does?
>
> Well, something like this apparently was used by Pine (and Alpine?) with mbox format, so this is quite a special case. Looks like it got broken by commit http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/8cdc7c13d6f2
>
> I’m not sure if it’s really worth spending time on though..

Ok thanks. We are attempting to migrate from version 2.0
to a more recent version. I forgot to write down the reason the
test was in the test plan. Version 2.1 latest revision showed this
variance so I tried latest on 2.2 . I have not noticed a problem and I typically use
alpine version 2.02 from Debian Wheezy.

-Jonathan