[Dovecot] Reset vacation lda-dupes database

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Nov 19 22:36:22 EET 2013

On 11/19/2013 8:53 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 17.11.2013, at 0.21, Mike Selner @ Yahoo <mselner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> They can add a different :handle parameter to get a different response, but .. as I understand it, a different vacation reason message should also trigger a separate vacation notice, but looks like Pigeonhole doesn’t currently do that. Stephan?

It should though. It implements the behavior recommended in the RFC
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5230#section-4.2); i.e., generate a
handle from the provided arguments (ignoring variables!) if none is
provided explicitly. This is performed here:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/file/b7434a02fc51/src/lib-sieve/plugins/vacation/cmd-vacation.c#l471

So did you test this unsuccessfully or did you have problems finding it
in the sources? If it doesn't work it would obviously be a bug. The
constructed handle value can be seen by dumping the Sieve script binary
with sieve-dump.

Regards,

Stephan.