[Dovecot] Locking down master user to certain domains through passwd-file auth

Andrew Obertas andrew at infinet.net
Fri Nov 22 00:24:23 EET 2013

Hello,

I know it is possible to lock down a master user to only have access to
certain domains through SQL login but I was wondering if the same was
possible with a passwd-based system. I currently have a master-passwd
file residing in the /etc/virtual/domain.com/ directories I want the
master user to be able to log in to. Is there a way to tell passdb to
only allow the master user login to proceed if they can auth to the
master-passwd file in the same folder as the user? Alternatively, is
there a better way to go about this?

What I assumed would be the easy approach, where the domain from the
user's e-mail is fetched, doesn't seem to work as %d fetches the master
user's domain and, unless I'm doing something wrong, the login_domain
variable cannot be used as this is outside Dovecot-auth.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

--

Best regards,

Andrew Obertas
Technical Support Representative