[Dovecot] 2.2.9

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:20:11 EET 2013

Timo (since he is the only one that maters here),

In past couple of days I have seen 4 people on IRC bitten by 2.2.8 and
pigeonhole bug, none of them are on this list, so like all others who
want to download and build them,  are unaware of the patch, so, given
how wide the userbase is with pigeonhole sieve and dovecot, this would
or should be considered a serious bug, so my question is Timo, is it
not best to immediately push 2.2.9, or should even more server
administrators become frustrated and curse waiting two more months
until you have a list you think is best putting out a new release,
many of them dont like the constant new releases all the time with
only minor things, but with a build failure, thats a serious issue.