[Dovecot] removing html via dovecot/sieve

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Nov 22 19:01:31 EET 2013

On 11/15/2013 8:22 AM, Bonz wrote:
> is there a howto or similar for configuring dovecot as a user to strip mime.
>
> ideally i would like all html copies deleted,
>
> but graphics, etc dumped to ~/public_html and replaced with a url.
>
> i have a super crappy link so html, etc usually jams my spool.
>
> i can usually wget things however hence this desired approach.

Dovecot doesn't natively support something like this. You could conjure
something using Sieve and the Sieve extprograms plugin.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Extprograms

However, this will only serve to couple a shell script into your
delivery process. You still need to build the actual mail processing to
substitute the graphics.

Regards,

Stephan.