[Dovecot] 2.2.9

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 23 03:47:37 EET 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-22 at 10:14 +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net>:
> > * Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> 2013.11.22 09:44:
> >
> > > Which patch?
> >
> > http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-November/093654.html
> >
> > Pigeonhole related patches.
>
> Damn. Those are biting me as well :/

These would be found if Timo reverted back to issuing RC's before any
official release, to iron out the niggly off-putting bugs, like most
software does, or gets his devs and a community of official testers each
with wildly different configurations and set ups, ASF have an excellent
model that could be followed, bunch of devs and testers who each report
on different distros and configs, why? because no single dev can imagine
and test every  possible configuration. it might just save dovecot's
good name, I recall a lot of damage was done to that in the circles I'm
in when 2.0 was released with patches nearly every few days and weeks, I
know a few ISP's and businesses that went back to courier or  Wu's
because major bugs were getting in often, though it has been a lot
better since 2.1 series, until this release that is :)