[Dovecot] 2.2.9

Eugene genie at geniechka.ru
Sat Nov 23 21:08:15 EET 2013

Hi all,

In recent years I use dovecot installed from FreeBSD ports. Interestingly, I
feel that they follow the dovecot releases rather well but with some lag,
e.g. currently it is at 2.2.6. I don't know if that is 'by design' or caused
by lack of manpower, but it works pretty well in that problems usually get
fixed before the update =)
(And then again, nobody says you should install a new version on the release
day).

Also, I am not sure RCs as such would do much good, since most of the test
systems are not likely to reproduce the volume and diversity of production
workloads.

Best wishes
Eugene