[Dovecot] Enabling quota

Andreas Kasenides andreas at cymail.eu
Wed Nov 27 17:10:11 EET 2013

Hello everybody.
Sorry if this has been answered before, I just could not find any info.
Just point me if that is so.

Can somebody please explain why there is no option --with-quota (ot may
be --with-fs-quota)
for the configure command?

As it stands now, at least for the fs back-end the only thing that tells
us that
Dovecot does not do quotas is after the build/configuration we get

dovecot: imap(xxdxx): Error: quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA,
csfs9.cs.ucy.ac.cy:/mail) failed: No such file or directory

which essentially means that during the build no quota development
libraries were found
and therefore fs quota will not function. This is rather confusing and
the above error does not help much.
Note also that "dovecot --build-options" is also silent on this.
I suppose other back-ends do not have this requirement since there is no
need for such devel libraries.

thankx
Andreas