[Dovecot] dovecot-antispam plugin problem with multiple messages

Richard Platel rplatel at tucows.com
Wed Nov 27 23:17:06 EET 2013

Hi

With dovecot 2.2.5, and dovecot-antispam built from a recent HEAD pull, when copying multiple messages to or from a Spam folder, the plugin sends multiple copies of the first message to the backend.  I've tried this with the pipe and spool2dir backends.

For example with the spool2dir backend, via IMAP doing

A COPY 1:3 Spam

yields 3 copies of message id 1 in the dir:
dev:imap-8.1 rplatel at imap01:/var/run/dovecot_as_tmp$ sudo -u mail md5sum *
28ad0a215eb7ecbd3a814a8a334d85bf  00000000001385586164-rplatel at ff-dev.com-00001s
28ad0a215eb7ecbd3a814a8a334d85bf  00000000001385586164-rplatel at ff-dev.com-00002s
28ad0a215eb7ecbd3a814a8a334d85bf  00000000001385586164-rplatel at ff-dev.com-00003s

I see the same behaviour with the pipe backend, the pipe program is invoked 3 times, but with the same message content.