[Dovecot] proxy_maybe & director incompatibility

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 29 19:15:30 EET 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 14:43 +0800, Trent Lloyd wrote:

> I am seeking to understand if there is any significant reason
> proxy_maybe is handled during the auth section, it would seem better
> to simply always set ‘proxy=yes’, and then optionally have proxy_maybe
> passed all the way through to the connection stage and then do the
> local host check there.

Set proxy_always=y and it'll work the way you want.

I considered doing the proxy_maybe check in login processes, but there
were some reasons why it wouldn't have worked well. I can't remember why
exactly now, although one issue at least was that then the same check
would have needed to be done also by LMTP proxy and doveadm proxy.