[Dovecot] Transparent Migration from cyrus to dovecot

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Sun Oct 6 13:39:30 EEST 2013

Hi dovecot people,

We are in the process of preparing the migration from a cyrus 2.1
installation to dovecot.  Dovecot will be installed on new hardware, so
we have separated servers that can/will exist in parallel for a while.

Our goal is to do the migration without interrupting the service for our
users too much.  Currently we tend to using dsync.  So I am asking for
best practice suggestions, tips and hints from people who have done such
a thing before.

Curiously awaiting your replies ;)

Cheers!
PS:  I am subscribed to the list.  So no need to include my address in
replies.  Thanks!
--
j.hofmüller

Optimism doesn't alter the laws of physics.         - Subcommander T'Pol