[Dovecot] Plugin issue with update from 2.0.19 to 2.1.17

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Oct 16 00:15:05 EEST 2013

On Oct 15, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Reinaldo Matukuma wrote:

> Hello. Probably only Timo can help-me with this.
>
> I have a self-made plugin based on the zlib plugin that i use to cryptograph the messages at inbox.
>
> As a side-effect of the cryptography, my plugin changes the size of the message, but until 2.0.19 this works well with dovecot index and the W/S flags.
>
> But now, i'm going to upgrade to 2.1.17 and now i have these messages on log at my test ambiance:
>
> Oct 15 20:19:25 test dovecot: imap(reinaldo at exemplo.com.br): Error: Cached message size smaller than expected (367 < 529)
> Oct 15 20:19:25 test dovecot: imap(reinaldo at exemplo.com.br): Error: Maildir filename has wrong S value, renamed the file from /storage/test/messages/exemplo.com.br/reinaldo/Maildir/.Sent/cur/1381879158.M634385P5208.test,S=367,W=378:2,S to /storage/test/messages/exemplo.com.br/reinaldo/Maildir/.Sent/cur/1381879158.M634385P5208.test,S=529:2,S
> Oct 15 20:19:25 test dovecot: imap(reinaldo at exemplo.com.br): Error: Corrupted index cache file /storage/test/messages/exemplo.com.br/reinaldo/Maildir/.Sent/dovecot.index.cache: Broken physical size for mail UID 6

I think there's something else up, this looks quite similar to what I reported the other day:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-October/092917.html

Do you get further messages after the "broken physical size" indicating that dovecot is then trying to open the file based on the original filename?

Regardless, setting this should turn off the file size/name corrections, perhaps that will help:

maildir_broken_filename_sizes=yes

Charles