[Dovecot] Strange output from LIST command

azurIt azurit at pobox.sk
Thu Oct 17 13:21:54 EEST 2013

> Od: Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm>
> Komu: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>, <dovecot at dovecot.org>
> Dátum: 17.10.2013 12:14
> Predmet: Re: [Dovecot] Strange output from LIST command
>
>On Tue, Oct 15, 2013, at 06:23 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:
>>
>> > i'm using Dovecot 2.1.7 (Debian Wheezy) and output from LIST command
>> > looks strange:
>> >
>> > C: 4 LIST () "" (INBOX INBOX.Karantena INBOX.Spam) RETURN (STATUS (UNSEEN))
>> > S: * LIST () "." "INBOX"
>> > S: * LIST () "." "INBOX.Karantena"
>> > S: * STATUS "INBOX.Karantena" (UNSEEN 0)
>> > S: * LIST () "." "INBOX.Spam"
>> > S: * STATUS "INBOX.Spam" (UNSEEN 0)
>> > S: 4 OK List completed.
>> >
>> > The UNSEEN information for INBOX is completely missing. It is
>> > correct behavior?
>>
>> No.  RFC 5819 [2]:
>>
>> "For each selectable mailbox matching the list pattern and selection
>> options, the server MUST return an untagged LIST response followed by
>> an untagged STATUS response containing the information requested in
>> the STATUS return option."
>
>Just wondering if the INBOX was SELECTed at the time?  There's some fun
>interaction around STATUS and SELECT in RFC3501.
>
>Bron.

Here's the complete IMAP communication, see the (1) only:
http://bugs.horde.org/view.php?actionID=view_file&type=log&file=imap-ok.log&ticket=12748

I also find out that it's working ok when i LIST the INBOX alone like this:
C: 4 LIST () "" (INBOX) RETURN (STATUS (UNSEEN))
S: * LIST () "." "INBOX"
S: * STATUS "INBOX" (UNSEEN 2)
S: 4 OK List completed.

The information about UNSEEN messages is correct. It's only doing problems when listing multiple folders at once.

azur