[Dovecot] dovecot-metadata-plugin v14 patches

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Sat Oct 19 23:33:27 EEST 2013

Hello Sergey!

Thanks for the report and sorry for taking so long to respond. I did not use
your patches directly, but they were very valuable in locating the issue.

Am Dienstag, 16. Juli 2013, 10:47:02 schrieb Sergey Sidlyarenko:
> Please apply patches for dovecot-metadata-plugin v14.
> 1. dovecot-metadata-plugin-value_nil - fix plugin crach if entry->value
> == NULL (strlen(NULL) - segfault).

Fixed in 517fa826a9ff
If there are more cases where this can create a problem, please tell me.
I left the return value of get_value at NULL intentionally, so there is a
clear destinction between the backend data format (NULL) and the IMAP frontend
format ("NIL") and nil values can be easily detected.

> 2. dovecot-metadata-plugin-utf7_support - add support metadata for UTF8
> mailfolder.

Fixed in 05fc591d2943
I looked at the Dovecot sourcecode and got the impression that mailbox names
are always UTF-7 in IMAP, and always UTF-8 in Dovecot. So the conversion has
to be always applied.

If you have further bugreports or suggestions, please do not hesitate to tell
me.

Best regards,
Dennis