[Dovecot] Question to sieve symlink

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Sun Oct 20 16:55:03 EEST 2013

Andreas Meyer <anmeyer at anup.de> wrote:

> A Server running openSUSE 12.3 and dovecot version 2.1.13.
> In the log I find
>
> Oct 19 00:23:23 managesieve(anmeyer at anup.de): Warning: sieve-storage: Active sieve script symlink /var/spool/vhosts/anup.de/anmeyer/.dovecot.sieve is broken: invalid/unknown path to storage (points to /var/spool/vhosts/anup.de/anmeyer/.sieve/managesieve.sieve).
>
> But the link is ok and when I login to roundcube I can manage the filters.
> What's the problem?

I found the corresponding part in sieve-storage-script.c

/* Check whether the path is any good */
        if ( strcmp(scriptpath, storage->link_path) != 0 &&
                strcmp(scriptpath, storage->dir) != 0 ) {
                i_warning
                        ("sieve-storage: Active sieve script symlink %s is broken: "
                                "invalid/unknown path to storage (points to %s).",
                                storage->active_path, link);
                return NULL;
        }

but I am not a programmer to say what's wrong there.

  Andreas