[Dovecot] failed: Message has been copied too many times

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Oct 28 11:46:07 EET 2013

El 26/10/13 17:10, Timo Sirainen escribió:
> On 24.10.2013, at 13.41, Angel L. Mateo <amateo at um.es> wrote:
>
>>> amateo_adm at myotis51:~$ sudo doveadm search -u vlo  mailbox
>>> BORRADOS.INBOX.MNCS
>>> doveadm(vlo): Error: Syncing mailbox BORRADOS.INBOX.MNCS failed: Message
>>> has been copied too many times (59306 + -1)
>
> Looks like the index is corrupted. It should never have gotten that high. Have you tried doveadm force-resync -u vlo INBOX?

	I have just tried it now, for the same problem with other user. But it
didn't fix anything.

	The problem is that for some reason, dovecot is duplicating user mails.
In the problem I'm having today, a user has 3833 distinct messages in a
mailbox, but 122 of them are duplicated 19866 each, so a search in the
folder shows 2228712 messages. A force-resync of the folder doesn't fix
anything.

	What worried me the most is that this problem is appearing very often
in my system (once a week at least).

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática