[Dovecot] Received header only showing localhost

Matt Devaney matt at the-wyvern.net
Thu Sep 5 00:01:42 EEST 2013

Bill / Richard,

Many thanks to both of you for your answers, they helped me take a step back
and look at this again - and when I did that I found the problem in under 5
minutes :)

Turns out my first guess (and indeed second guess) was wrong; it had nothing
to do with Dovecot (as you'd both said).  It was actually Postfix, which is
configured to filter headers using the 'headers_check' functionality. I'd
noticed this before, but when I saw the following:

/^Received:/                 IGNORE

I initially assumed (incorrectly) that 'ignore' meant 'don't try check this
header'. It doesn't, it means 'please remove it from the message'

Remove that line and all is well with the world.

Matt