[Dovecot] doveadm expunge problems

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 01:09:12 EEST 2013

nicolasfo wrote:

> doveadm search -u *@mydomain.fr MAILBOX Junk savedbefore 1d : don't lists
> anything..
>
> What am I missed ?
>
> Is this the good way to change file date (touch) and by this way, have
> results to savedbefore command ?

No.  The date.saved value is (I think) stored in its indices, and
is updated via IMAP operations.  This value is not derived from file
timestamps.  You can use doveadm fetch to get the values that dovecot uses

 	 dovecot -ftab fetch -A 'mailbox date.saved' mailbox Junk

If you actually use IMAP operations to move messages from INBOX to Junk,
I think you'll find that date.saved reflects the correct value.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>