[Dovecot] Postfixadmin/MySQL/Dovecot 2 and quota

Matt dovecot at mygaia.org
Sun Sep 8 15:07:24 EEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm setting up a new email server based on the softwares list below:

  * Postfix
  * Dovecot 2.0.9
  * MySQL
  * Postfixadmin 2.3.6

My current problem is I'm unsure whether quota feature is well
configured or not.
In order to test and validate, I use Roundcubemail GUI which provides
percentage of the space used by the mailbox (quota should be applied per
mailbox).

Here, my dovecot configuration:
dovecot.conf:
dict {
  quotadict = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}

dovecot-dict-quota.conf:
connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=postfix password=postfix
map {
    pattern = priv/quota/storage
    table = quota2
    username_field = username
    value_field = bytes
}
map {
    pattern = priv/quota/messages
    table = quota2
    username_field = username
    value_field = messages
}

dovecot-sql.conf.ext:
driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=postfix password=postfix
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5
password_query = SELECT username AS user, password, \
    CONCAT('*:storage=', CAST(quota AS CHAR), 'b') AS quota_rule \
    FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active='1'
user_query = SELECT maildir, 89 AS uid, 12 AS gid, \
    concat('dict:storage=',floor(quota/1000),'::proxy::quotadict') AS
quota, \
    CONCAT('*:storage=', CAST(quota AS CHAR), 'b') AS quota_rule \
    FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active='1'

conf.d/90-quota.conf:
plugin {
  quota = dict:user::proxy::quotadict
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+10%%
}

conf.d/20-imap.conf:
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
}

When I check postfixadmin GUI, I can see that quota in realtime in
quota2 table, no problem.

But Roundcubemail cannot get this information and shows a unknown quota.
If I add this line:
  quota_rule = *:storage=1G
in conf.d/90-quota.conf file, it works, I mean roundcubemail gets and
shows information (but not the one stored in db of course).

I think I'm close to the right configuration but I need your help to
complete this setup.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Matt