[Dovecot] Sieve, vacation, company (domain-wide) message possible?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 9 15:29:50 EEST 2013

On Monday 09 September 2013 08:28:26 Charles Marcus did opine:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using vacation.pl from postfixadmin for many years, and since
> the most recent modification that allows me to specify my own strings to
> test for for when NOT to send a message, I'm extremely happy with it (no
> more auto-responses to linked-in/facebook crap, etc)...
>
> But, there is one thing I'd like to be able to do that it can't do, and
> there hasn't been any positive response about implementing it, so I'm
> asking about if this is possible to do with sieve right now, and if not,
> how hard would it be to implement...
>
> What I'd like is to be able to set a company (domain-wide) auto-response
> for when our company is closed for holidays... more specifically, extra
> holidays (often the boss will close an extra day for an extra long
> weekend). He has asked more than once about setting an auto-response for
> *everyone* during these periods...
>
> Thanks,

I would be very careful about doing that.  You will wind up on the spam
blocker lists & have a hell of a time getting back off them.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

May you do Good Magic with Perl.