[Dovecot] Sieve Filter global vs user specific

inkubus foren at familie-kallies.de
Tue Sep 10 16:42:05 EEST 2013

Hi at all!
I'm actually fighting to make sieve in dovecot work and made quite a success
by now.
However, I still fail at the following constellation:

Background: I'm a Mail Admin of a small IT department and we are already
using Dovecot as LDA with a filtering server. Any user can easily create
filter rules that apply to him (to make it easier for my colleagues we use
the Roundcube plugin for rule design).
I can formulate global rules that apply to all.
Individual users create their rules for redirectiong mails home (a la
redirect: copy "users at theirhomes.de";) According to the policy of my
company, certain file types (eg avi, mp4, mp3, wav, etc.) must NOT be sent
out to the internet.
But our phone system does INTERNALLY just that - receiving calls in absence
of the user it sends mails with attachments MP3 (the spoken message). These
mails must of course not be forwarded outside.
I also created a global rule, which supresses the delivery of these mails
(using the stop command),
But after my global rule follows the user specific rule and the message ist
sent anyway.

QUESTION: Can cause dovecot somehow not to follow the user specific rules
that apply to a message after going through my global ones? The mail has to
remain directly in the inbox (and must not be forwarded by the user specific
filter aftwerwards)

My configuration: dovecot.conf (excerpt):

plugin {
  sieve = /home/%n/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = /home/%n/.mailstore/sieve
  sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/
  sieve_before = /etc/dovecot/sieve/global
}

/etc/dovecot/sieve/global:

require ["vacation","copy","fileinto","body","imap4flags"];
# rule:[Redirect]
if anyof(header :contains "From" "f...ing.telefonanlage at firma.intern",
header :contains "Subject" "Sprachnachricht")
{
        stop;
}

user specific rules are as follows

# rule:[Redirect]
if true
{
	redirect :copy "users at theirhomes.de";
}

I hope my English is understandable (got quite a cold andfighting to keep my
eyes open so my English is not the best today ;-) )
I'm sure the solution for this problem is a nobvious & simple one but I'm
having my blond moments today...
Any help would be appreciated!
yours
Sven

P.S. Klar bin ich mir bewusst, dass einfach die Benutzerfilter aufgebohrt
werden könnten. Da aber nicht alle Kollegen... sagen wir entsprechend
firm... sind, würde ich den Pflegeaufwand gern gering halten und dieses
Ausnehmen vo der weiterleitung zentralisieren.