[Dovecot] 2.2.4 + metadata plugin: autoconf failed

Andreas Schulze andreas.schulze at datev.de
Thu Sep 12 10:46:17 EEST 2013

Am 23.07.2013 07:32 schrieb Andreas Schulze:
> sles9: (autoconf-2.59)
> ----------------------
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>
> sles10: (autoconf-2.59)
> -----------------------
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>
> sles11: (autoconf-2.63)
> -----------------------
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
>
> openSUSE_Factory: (autoconf-2.69)
> ---------------------------------
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Hello,

Now I finaly had success compiling the metadata plugin on archaic systems.
First I had to include dovecot.m4 in my dovecot-devel package.
This is unnessesary when building the pigeonhole plugin and so I did not notice my packaging fault.

After that I had to apply two patches to the metadata source.
1. Fix configure.ac
 - lower needed autoconf version
 - lower needed automake version
 - add libtool
 - don't use C99 extension

2. As my system have no C99 capable compiler I had to adjust the source
to move the declaration of loop variables outside the loops.

patch && compile && install && work

Thanks to all pointing me in the right direction...
Andreas

--
Andreas Schulze
Internetdienste | P252

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49 911 319-0 | Telefax +49 911 319-3196
E-Mail info @datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: 90429 Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg Nr.70
Vorstand
Prof. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Dipl.-Kfm. Dr. Robert Mayr
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Dipl.-Vw. Eckhard Schwarzer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen