[Dovecot] Change mail_location for one user?

Scott Galambos scottg at extremehosting.ca
Fri Sep 13 10:15:15 EEST 2013

I tried something similar already.

passdb {
   driver = shadow
}

userdb {
   driver = passwd-file
   args = username_format=%n /path/to/passwd
}

With only the one sarah user defined in /path/to/passwd. But then all
other users cannot log in anymore.  Thunderbird says "Sending of
password did not succeed".  Does anyone know if specifying a userdb
stops passdb/shadow from being used?  Do I need to copy all users from
the passdb/shadow system to /path/to/passwd?  Was hoping to just specify
single users I wanted to override in /path/to/passwd.