[Dovecot] Temporarily disable mail delivery when using Dovecot's LDA

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sat Sep 14 09:36:00 EEST 2013

On 9/14/2013 12:33 AM, Avinash Sultanpur wrote:

> How can I disable mail delivery to a user or a mailbox temporarily. Is
> there something in the lines of qmail where you set a sticky bit on
> the home directory and mail delivery is deferred?

This is a job for your MTA, not Dovecot.  Dovecot has no deferred queue,
and in fact has no mail queues at all.

Do you actually want to defer the mail into a queue, or do you want to
return a 4xx "mailbox temporarily unavailable" to the sender?

In other words, what problem are you trying to solve?

--
Stan