[Dovecot] (no subject)

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Sep 17 08:40:42 EEST 2013

Greg,
Just taking a cursory look....

On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 19:04 -0700, Greg Ryman wrote:

> mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n
> mail_plugins = quota
> mail_uid = vmail
> managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
> managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
> vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
> copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave

Be careful declaring capabilities, personally I dont eg:

protocol sieve {
        managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
        managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
        managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
        managesieve_max_compile_errors = 5
        mail_max_userip_connections = 10
}

seems to work just fine, though 99% of our users, use pop3, not imap

> protocols = " imap sieve pop3"

You have defined a lmtp below but are not defining it here in protocols,
by looks of postfix master.cf, your not using it so dont want it at all
anywaymso if you are not intending on using it, clean it up below

> protocol lmtp {
>   mail_plugins = " sieve autocreate quota"
> }

Youve already declared quota in global plugins

> protocol lda {
>   mail_plugins = sieve quota

   replace to:   mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

> }

> protocol imap {
>   mail_plugins = quota antispam autocreate quota imap_quota
> }

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota  (antispam/autocreate - check up on, I dont use them so wont comment)

> root at mail:/etc/dovecot# grep -v '^ *\(#.*\)\?$' dovecot-sql.conf
> driver = mysql
> connect = host=localhost dbname=mail user=mail password=mailpassword
> default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT

not affecting, but a word of advice, if you have a modern system change
that to CRYPT (no, it if you have a modern OS it will NOT use the old
exploitable, 8 char limited "crypt" but will allow you to use salted
sha512 etc)

> password_query = \
>   SELECT username as user, password, '/var/vmail/%d/%n' as userdb_home, \
>   'maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n' as userdb_mail, 150 as userdb_uid, 8 as
> userdb_gid \
>   FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1'

Try cleaning that up, for example
password_query = SELECT username, password FROM mailbox WHERE
username='%u' and active='1'
(it doesnt need all that other stuff, it gets it from user query)

user_query looks ok (see below), but you can drop off the "and active"
stuff

> user_query = \
>   SELECT '/var/vmail/%d/%n' as home, 'maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n' as mail, \
>   150 AS uid, 8 AS gid, concat('dirsize:storage=', quota) AS quota \
>   FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1'

concat('*:storage=', quota,'M')   if you dont specify a type, I might be
wrong, but I think it would likely default to bytes, which might be ok
if thats how you've setup your database anyway.

> # Integration with Dovecot - hand mail over to it for local delivery, and
> # run the process under the vmail user and mail group.
> dovecot      unix   -        n      n       -       -   pipe
>   flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d
> $(recipient)

dovecot-lda -f ${sender} -e -d ${user}@${nexthop}    would be better,
can allow you to use recip delim as well.