[Dovecot] SSL with startssl.com certificates

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Sep 17 23:47:45 EEST 2013

On 16 Sep 2013, at 08:10 , Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:
> For this test, I reconfigured the server to NOT use IMAPS and restarted it.  Then I went
> to my iPhone and turned off SSL for this mail account.
>
> That configuration works for my iPhone.

This is very odd. For the record, I used an iPhone (iOS 7) and iPad (iOS 7), and a couple of Macs, and at least 5 other users use iPhones with iOS 6, and several people are using Macs (OS X 10.6 through 10.9) to connect to my server via SSL.

The only thing that may be different is that I do not allow non-secure connections.

in the account setting on the phone:

Use SSL [X]
authentication: Password
IMAP Path Prefix: /
Server Port: 993

the '/' is grayed out as the default no entry choice

STARTTLS works just fine on the Submission port (587)

--
Evil is a little man afraid for his job.