[Dovecot] mdbox index directories: bug?

Holecz Endre e-man at gportal.hu
Sun Sep 22 10:11:04 EEST 2013

Hi,

I'm using mdbox now (Dovecot 2.2.4), with indexes on a
separate disk. Works fine, but the directories for indexes are also
present in the storage folder, and are empty. Userdb (sql) returns this:

home /var/vmail/domains/somedomain/someuser
mail
mdbox:~/mdbox:INDEX=/mnt/spool/dovecot/index/somedomain/s/someuser

And
the created directory structure is:

/var/vmail/domains/somedomain/someuser
 /mdbox
 /mailboxes
 /INBOX

/dbox-Mails
 /storage

/mnt/spool/dovecot/index/somedomain/s/someuser

/mailboxes
 /INBOX

/storage

/var/vmail/domains/somedomain/someuser/mdbox/mailboxes/* is
always empty. Am I doing something wrong, or is this by design? :)

Regards,
Endre