[Dovecot] proxy: can I use the password returned from passdb to log in to the back-end?

Justin McAleer justin at neonova.net
Fri Sep 27 17:57:15 EEST 2013

I am hoping to support encrypted passwords, which I know is generally not
allowed in a proxy setup. However, I can return the password in clear-text
out of the password database, so I was hoping for something similar to the
destuser field.

I have successfully used the master password functionality to support
encrypted passwords (users impersonating themselves), as long as the
back-end server supports that. However, I need to proxy POP3 to Gmail,
which does not.