[Dovecot] Test outgoing email on director setup

Murray Trainer mtrainer at westnet.com.au
Thu Apr 3 03:51:10 UTC 2014

HI All,

I have a several Exim MTA's relaying mail to a pair of director
proxies via LMTP which then relayi to several mailstores via LMTP
Incoming mail is working fine.

My outgoing mail uses LMTP also in the reverse of above.   How do I
manually test outgoing mail on the mailstores and proxies as I only
have dovecot and not exim installed on them?

I have the following set in dovecot.conf for LMTP

 submission_host = mailproxy01:24 mailproxy02:24

Hopefully that works with multiple submission hosts to give
redundancy?

Thanks

Murray