[Dovecot] Sieve (randomly?) flagging messages as \\Seen \\Deleted

Emanuele Balla (aka Skull) skull at bofhland.org
Thu Apr 3 13:21:59 UTC 2014

On 03/04/14 14:23, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Emanuele Balla (aka Skull) wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to debug (without great results, so far) a very weird
>> behaviour in my environment.
>
> Did you tried with enabled mail_log plugin?

I didn't but I tried it now: as far as I see/understand, that plugin
tracks only status changes taking place on the IMAP side of things, as I
don't see anything related with the LMTP session.

It confirmed, however, what I already found out through other means: I
see messages marked as \Seen,\Deleted in my folder, without any
flag_change being logged by mail_log.

So -it seems- the message is stored with those flags already applied...