[Dovecot] Dovecot LDAP issue

Deeztek Support support at deeztek.com
Mon Apr 7 22:25:37 UTC 2014

On 4/7/2014 6:13 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 07.04.2014 23:47, schrieb Deeztek Support:
>> On 4/7/2014 4:42 PM, Christian Schmidt wrote:
>>> 7.04.2014 20:43, Deeztek Support:

>>> "User unknown in virtual mailbox table" is what *postfix* tells you.
>>> Dovecot does not do SMTP (yet). Thus, I suppose that dovecot doesn't get
>>> involved at all (although this depends on your configuration).
>>>
>>> I recommend to check the restrictions you defined in your postfix
>>> configuration.
>>>
>> The reason I think it's Dovecot generating the error is because when the IP address of the sending server is not in
>> the mynetworks directive of postfix I get the following error
>
> why in the world do you strip logs
>
> syslog contains even the process who generates a entry and
> so there is not much to guess if you *really* look at the log

I'm not stripping any logs. The error I put is from the bounce message.
The syslog says the following:

Apr  7 17:39:39 ewa postfix/pipe[7134]: E35AE860B26:
to=<someone at domain.tld>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.02, delays=0/0/0/0.01,
dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown. Command output:

So mystery solved, it really is dovecot generating the error.

Question remains, can someone please tell me how to get Dovecot do LDAP
looks from the AD root?