[Dovecot] Dovecot XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE Apple

wid wid at list.widdi.eu
Thu Apr 10 16:27:41 UTC 2014

Alessio Cecchi wrote
> Il 10/04/2014 12:38, Volker Schwaberow ha scritto:
>> Hello list.
>>
>> Anybody having experience with the Apple Extensions for Dovecot at
>> http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/dovecot/dovecot-239.8/dovecot/src/imap/cmd-x-apple-push-service.c
>> ?
>>
>> Is it possible to patch the Dovecot source with them and get them to work
>> on a Non-Apple System?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Volker
>
> Hi,
>
> you can read more about Apple Push Service here:
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-August/067682.html
>
> the only patch for dovecot is not sufficient for enable the service.

Hi,

I don't think it is possible to do this on a Non-Apple-OS since there are
also close source parts of the push service (apsd) that also includes
challenge-response to apple servers.

There are libraries like Net::APNS or PyAPNS that use the same service
(gateway.push.apple.com) but these are intended for this purpose.

I tried to use these libraries with certificates extracted from OS X Server
without success.