[Dovecot] FTS autoindex problem

lee_yiu_chung at yahoo.com lee_yiu_chung at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 14:02:05 UTC 2014

I tried to implement a solr search server, but I found some unexpected behaviour when I turn on
autoindex according to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS.

I found that all autoindexed email are using "user1 at example.com" as username, as shown in maillog:

indexer-worker(user1 at example.com): Indexed 1 messages in INBOX

However, all manually indexed email (triggered by IMAP server search) are using "user1" as username,
as shown in maillog:

indexer-worker(user1): Indexed 2927 messages in INBOX.

I am using "user1" as login name, so all autoindexed mails don't appear in search result. How can I
use "user" as the username in autoindex?

BTW, I do have a few mailboxes in the format user2 at virtualmail.example.com, which requires full
email address as the login name. How can I autoindex emails that automatically distinguishes
user1 at example.com (using "user1" as username) and user2 at virtualmail.example.com (using
"user2 at virtualmail.example.com" as username) given that the previous question is solved?