[Dovecot] Changing SSL certificates - switching from self-signed to RapidSSL

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 18 22:55:29 UTC 2014

Am 18.04.2014 22:12, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> Ahh... I'm sure we have some older clients that are still configured to use a different hostname...
>
> So, if the new certs are for mail.example.com, and a client tries to connect using a different hostname, like
> imap.example.com, would that result in these kinds of errors?

yes

and that is why nobody should provide more than one hostname for mailservers
there is no gain and it ends where you are now

would you have not wasted the time for different DNS records instead
just provide and communicate mail.your-primardy-domain.tld all the
years before TLS now would be a no-brainer