[Dovecot] Allowing non-SSL connections only for certain Password Databases

Dan Pollock pollock at theorem.ca
Wed Apr 23 03:22:59 UTC 2014

On Apr 22, 2014, Urban Loesch wrote:

> > Is there a way to set "disable_plaintext_auth" to different values for different Password Databases? Is there another way to do it?
> >

> Why do you not force SSL for all users?

I have some users whose mail clients don't properly support SSL.

For users using system accounts, it's important that passwords are protected (as they can use that password to log in to things other than email).

It's not as critical to keep virtual mailboxes on vpopmail encrypted, as those accounts only have access to email.

Dan