[Dovecot] dovecot qmail-ldap

Gustavo Coelho tavo.coelho at accip.com.br
Wed Apr 23 12:15:13 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

i am trying to get dovecot to work in my qmail-ldap instalation but no success so far. I respectfuly request your help.

Here is my /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf :

auth_debug = yes
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir=/var/dovecot
default_process_limit=100
disable_plaintext_auth=no
listen=200.235.128.97
log_path=/var/log/dovecot.log
login_greeting = Etosha Messaging Suite IMAP ready
mail_uid=vmail
mail_gid=vmail
mail_location = maildir:/var/pop/%u/Inbox
mail_max_userip_connections = 100

passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}

userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  driver = ldap
}

plugin {
  mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete mailbox_rename
  mail_log_fields = uid box msgid from subject
  mail_log_group_events =
  mechanisms = plain login
  quota = maildir
  quota_rule = ?:storage=0
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+1024000
  quota_rule3 = SPAM:ignore
  trash = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-trash.conf
}

protocols = imap

service imap-login {
        inet_listener imaps {
                port = 993
                ssl = yes
        }
        process_min_avail = 1
}

service imap {
        executable = imap
}

protocol imap {
        mail_plugins = quota mail_log notify imap_quota
}

ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecotcert.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem

Here is my dovecot-ldap.conf :

host = x.y.z.k
dn = cn=mail,ou=appsrv,dc=ufv,dc=br
dnpass = MaIlAsuopdVpw
sasl_bind = no
auth_bind = yes
ldap_version = 3
base = ou=people,dc=ufv,dc=br
scope = subtree
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=qmailUser)(uid=%u))
pass_attrs = uid=user,mailHost=host,=y=proxy_maybe
user_filter = (&(objectClass=qmailUser)(uid=%u))
user_attrs = mailmessagestore=home,mailQuotaSize=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$,mailHost=host,=y=proxy_maybe

Here is the output of pkg_info for my openbsd server 5.4 amd64.

obsd# pkg_info | grep dovecot
dovecot-2.1.17      compact IMAP/POP3 server
dovecot-ldap-2.1.17 LDAP authentication support for Dovecot
obsd#

Here the output :

sioux at obsd$ telnet obsd imap
Trying x.y.z.k...
Connected to obsd.
Escape character is '^]'.

* OK Waiting for authentication process to respond..
Connection closed by foreign host.
sioux at obsd$

I just hit "enter" and the message was that, "Ok waiting for authentication ..."

May somehere help me ?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.