Dovecot EE on SciLinux 6.5: No Config Files in /etc

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 1 14:33:20 UTC 2014

On 16 Jul 2014, at 18:24, Asai <asai at globalchangemusic.org> wrote:

> I tried installing Dovecot EE on Scientific 6.5 yesterday, but there was no repo under that release version, so I hardcoded the release version to 6 in yum.repos.d/dovecot.repo.
>
> That worked, but when I installed, it didn't install any default configuration files.  /etc/dovecot was empty.
>
> Is that to be expected for EE?

It's expected, although I guess maybe there could be some README file. The main problem I've noticed with some other RPMs have been that if I add a new file to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ it gets included when upgrading the RPM. But if that new file depends on changes that were made to other config files, then adding the file breaks the whole configuration completely. This is what happened in v2.0 -> v2.1 atrpms RPM upgrade. I don't want that ever to happen with dovecot-ee. Maybe there would be some other ways to solve that, but the simplest solution was to have no config files.