Is atomic MOVING of messages between IMAP folders possible?

Greg Sullivan greg.sullivan at sullivang.net
Mon Aug 4 12:12:46 UTC 2014

Yes, both client and server support IMAP MOVE, and both also support
CONDSTORE.

I have tried both with and without CONDSTORE enabled in the client, with
the same result.

I am very confident IMAP MOVE is actually being invoked, because
intra-account moves occur extremely rapidly. (much faster than
inter-account moves, which of course is a copy & delete)

Thanks so far.

Client is Postbox & Thunderbird on Windows. (I realise Postbox is based on
Thunderbird)

Greg.