Pigeonhole version 0.4.3 on FreeBSD-10

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Aug 7 11:07:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 12:39:56 +0200, Stephan Bosch stated:

>On 8/7/2014 12:24 PM, Jerry wrote:
>> Thu, 7 Aug 2014 06:22:01 -0400
>>
>> I am running Pigeonhole version 0.4.3 on a FreeBSD 10 machine. How do I
>> actually trace which rule in my sieve file is causing a specific action on
>> a specific email. Other then eliminating each rule one by one and
>> rerunning the script to isolate it, how can I discover what rule is
>> causing the problem?
>
>You can use the sieve-test tool for that.
>
>man sieve-test

I have, but I cannot tell which specific rule is catching it.

EXAMPLE:

Performed actions:

 * store message in folder: SPAM.Drugs
        + create mailbox if it does not exist

Implicit keep:

  (none)

I have numerous rules to catch SPAM. One of them is catching an email that
is NOT Drug related spam. I do not know which one it is. Only the final
result is printed out. I could comment out them out one by one, but there
should be an easier method.

--
Jerry