postfix-dovecot via lmtp

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Fri Aug 8 13:56:34 UTC 2014

On Friday, August 08, 2014 12:27:17 PM Jiri Bourek wrote:

> On 8.8.2014 12:08, Nick Edwards wrote:
> > sod off dictator who the fuck do you think you are to tell people how to
> > post

> Posting HTML e-mails to mailing lists is also generally considered bad
> etiquette.
> So is calling ppl names by the way.

As the OP who received this message from Reindl
I must say I had no objection to it -
the post was rejected by the mailing list as it was too long,
because it contained a huge amount of (pointless) HTML code.
I did not mean to use HTML, and it sent me on an exploration
to find why this was occurring.
(I found in the end there was an obscure setting
in the mail client - KMail - that I was using.)

But Reindl has been very helpful to me on several occasions,
and his occasional acerbity is well worth the price.
In my experience he always gets to the bottom of a problem,
and gives precise instructions for solving it,
while many, perhaps most, posters give vague or ambiguous replies.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net