Multiple Passdb's - Order

Jean-Louis Dupond jean-louis at dupond.be
Fri Aug 15 11:12:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks alot for those changes. A 'bug' killed again :)
Will test them out later, but the changes seems logic indeed.

Thx
Jean-Louis

>>> ldap_search(base=uid=info at xxx.com,ou=mail,dc=xxx,dc=com
>>> filter=(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=info at dupie.be))) failed: No
>>> such object
>>> This shouldn't really be a problem, because the user does indeed not
>>> exist in ldap, but only in the passwd-file.
>>> The problem also exists with auth cache disabled.
>>> And my doveconf (the passdb order is the working order here):
>>> # 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>>> # OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.6
>>> auth_cache_size = 2 M
>>> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
>>> mail_plugins = virtual
>>> managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
>>> managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
>>> encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
>>> relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
>>> environment mailbox date ihave
>>> namespace inbox {
>>>  inbox = yes
>>>  location =
>>>  mailbox Drafts {
>>>    special_use = \Drafts
>>>  }
>>>  mailbox Junk {
>>>    special_use = \Junk
>>>  }
>>>  mailbox Sent {
>>>    special_use = \Sent
>>>  }
>>>  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>>>    special_use = \Sent
>>>  }
>>>  mailbox Trash {
>>>    special_use = \Trash
>>>  }
>>>  mailbox virtual/Flagged {
>>>    special_use = \Flagged
>>>  }
>>>  prefix =
>>> }
>>> passdb {
>>>  args = scheme=CRYPT username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/users
>>>  driver = passwd-file
>>> }
>>> passdb {
>>>  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
>>>  driver = ldap
>>> }
>>> plugin {
>>>  sieve = /var/vmail/%d/%n/.dovecot.sieve
>>>  sieve_dir = /var/vmail/%d/%n/sieve
>>> }
>>> postmaster_address = postmaster at xxx.com
>>> protocols = " imap lmtp sieve pop3"
>>> service auth {
>>>  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix-mailing/private/auth {
>>>    mode = 0666
>>>  }
>>>  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
>>>    mode = 0666
>>>  }
>>> }
>>> service lmtp {
>>>  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
>>>    group = postfix
>>>    mode = 0600
>>>    user = postfix
>>>  }
>>>  user = vmail
>>> }
>>> service managesieve-login {
>>>  inet_listener sieve {
>>>    port = 4190
>>>  }
>>> }
>>> ssl_ca = </etc/dovecot/ca.pem
>>> ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/dovecot.pem