Dovecot failing with exit code 19200 in cron job

Murray Trainer mtrainer at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 18 06:30:34 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am synchronizing a few hundred dovecot mailboxes with a perl script
via a crontab.   It works for a while (ie exit status=0)  but the
rest then start failing with exit code 19200.   I tried redirecting
STDERR but showed nothing.  I suspect the cron job is hitting some
sort of resource limit?  If I run the perl script from the command
line it appears to dsync all the accounts OK.   The relevant part of
my Perl code is below.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Murray

foreach (@userlist) {
    my $email = $_;
    chomp ($email); # get rid of CR
    logit("Started sync of mailbox $email") if $debug;
    my $dsync_command="dsync -v -D -u $email mirror ssh -C
root@$mailstore dsync -u $email";
    logit("dsync_command=$dsync_command");

    # Run dsync of mailbox
    logit("Started secondary sync of $mailbox to $mailstore") if
$debug;
    my $exit_status = system ( $dsync_command );
    logit("Dsync exit status: $exit_status") if $debug;
    logit("Finished secondary sync of $mailbox to $mailstore") if
$debug;
}