doveadm proxy list

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 20 12:43:13 UTC 2014

On 10 Aug 2014, at 19:30, Claus <claus.r at bayern-mail.de> wrote:

> i have configured my dovecot-proxy with "shutdown_clients = no" and "service_count = 1" for a "default_process_limit = 5000" and "default_client_limit = 25000".
> I don't know if this is a prefered setup for so many users/concurrent sessions but so i can reload my dovecot without disconnecting all sessions.
> The main problem are pop3 sessions - if i kill them, the mailbox remains locked and the client gets an error.

That sounds wrong. You mean Dovecot backend doesn't notice that proxy disconnected the client and keeps the pop3 process running? That shouldn't happen, unless the pop3 process is doing some long-running work (which it really shouldn't).

> Back to my problem:
> If i reload dovecot the "doveadm proxy list" shows me the list of the new processes.
> Is there any possibility to see the stats of the old sessions (user,source,destination) ?

No.

You shouldn't. Rather you should just increase the client_limit for the couple of specific services that likely need it to be larger (auth and anvil I guess). http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Services has some explanations.