New user mailbox permission

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Aug 21 09:56:17 UTC 2014

> You could use sudo to grant your backup user the required rights to read
> those files.
>
> ==> /etc/sudoers
> backupuser ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync

I, the point is that I don't want to give my script root privilege. Too
much harm can be done using root privileges for simple task as backups.

This is why I included user "backup" into "vmail" group and changed all
files/dir under mail_location to be read by "vmail" group. However, new
user account are created with 0700 permissions, and that clearly break
my backup.

I understand that the solution can be as simple as to do a chmod g+X
before to run the backup, but I wander _how_ can be possibile to select
the umask/permissions of new accounts under dovecot...

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico