Moving from one Dovecot server to another Dovecot server

Michael mine at michi.su
Wed Aug 27 12:52:53 UTC 2014

Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

> Am 27.08.2014 um 13:23 schrieb Michael:
>> Quoting Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>:

>>> you downgrade?
>>
>> Yes, because I'm switching from CentOS 6.5 to Ubuntu 14.04. On the
>> CentOS system I used the ATrpms repo. For Ubuntu I did not find any
>> appropriate 3rd party repo. So I'm going to use the standard repo.
>
> Perhaps the official Dovecot Repo would be a better solution:
> http://shop.dovecot.fi/home/8-dovecot-ee-repository-access.html

I've already been aware of this web site. I saw that they offer only
packages for Ubuntu 12.04. I'm Using Ubuntu 14.04. I know that often
it's not a problem to take packages from another version. But I'm not
sure if there are some conflicts to be expected. So I wrote an e-mail
to the contact but did not get an answer yet.
Do you have any information if this repo can also be used on Ubuntu
14.04 without problems?

Thanks,
Michael