Moving from one Dovecot server to another Dovecot server

Michael mine at michi.su
Wed Aug 27 13:25:28 UTC 2014

Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

> Am 27.08.2014 um 14:52 schrieb Michael:

>> I've already been aware of this web site. I saw that they offer only
>> packages for Ubuntu 12.04. I'm Using Ubuntu 14.04. I know that often
>> it's not a problem to take packages from another version. But I'm not
>> sure if there are some conflicts to be expected. So I wrote an e-mail to
>> the contact but did not get an answer yet.
>> Do you have any information if this repo can also be used on Ubuntu
>> 14.04 without problems?
> No I haven't, but I think it is better to have the latest version of
> Dovecot, especially with Ubuntu because not long ago I found this:
> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-3430.html
> I'm not sure how to judge this message but it doesn't sounds very good.

You are right. According to [1] it doesn't look to be fixed in the
most recent package provided by Ubuntu.
It is fixed in version 2.2.13~rc1-1 which is not available for Ubuntu.

I thought security issues will be fixed ASAP by the maintainer...

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=747549

Michael