Documentation for /usr/lib/dovecot/imap executable

Christoph Groth christoph at grothesque.org
Fri Aug 29 08:54:53 UTC 2014

Dear Dovecot experts,

I'm in the process of setting up dovecot with mbsync as a local
cache for remote IMAP servers. One recipe that I found involves
using the /usr/lib/dovecot/imap (This is with Debian's dovecot
package).  For example, in .mbsyncrc I have

IMAPAccount cwg-wf-local
RequireSSL no
Tunnel "/usr/lib/dovecot/imap -o
mail_location=maildir:/home/cwg/.mail/cwg-wf"

This works, but I wonder: is there any documentation for the
/usr/lib/dovecot/imap executable?  What options does it take?  If
there's no documentation: where can I find this command in
dovecot's sources?

Thank you,
Christoph